How to add, edit or remove categories from your menu
Categories are how you group items together e.g. Rice, Salads, Starters, etc.
Adding a category:
- Go to the Menu Manager page in Hub
- Select 'Edit menu' on the menu you want to add a category to
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu
- Select '+ New category'
- Choose a category name and write an optional description for your category
- Click 'Create category'
- Remember to click 'Publish' when you have added menu items to the category
Once you've assigned a category, you can make this visible to different times of the day or week.
Moving a category:
- Go to ‘Menu’ page in menu manager
- Click ‘Default menu’
- Select ‘Edit category’
- Select 'Change position'
- Drag the ⠿ button next to the selected category name and reorder it
- Click ‘Save’ to confirm
- Click 'Publish' to set your menu changes live
Editing a category name or description:
- Find the category you want to edit
- Select the pencil icon on the right of the category name or description
- Make your changes and confirm
- Click 'Publish' to set your menu live with the new category name/description
Make sure that the right times and days are assigned to your category.
Removing a category:
- Go to the category you want to remove
- Click the three dots on the top right of the category
- Select 'Delete category'
- Confirm you’d like to delete this category and all its items
- Click 'Publish' to set your menu live with the category removed