Learn how to ensure age-restricted products, like alcohol and tobacco, are correctly tagged in your menu
Why it's important to tag age-restricted items correctly
If you list age restricted products on Deliveroo it's your responsibility to make sure they are correctly tagged as “age-restricted products”. Age-restricted items in Hong Kong include alcohol and tobacco.
You can update your menu in Menu Manager and it's essential that age-restricted items are accurately tagged. Our system uses the 'age restricted' tag on menus to see which orders need age verification checks on delivery.
When these age-restricted items are tagged properly, it prompts riders to carry out legally required checks when they deliver your orders to customers.
If your menu items aren't correctly tagged, our riders may not conduct age verification checks required by law. We accept no responsibility for any failure to implement age verification processes in respect of products that you have not correctly tagged as age-restricted.
Tagging age-restricted items in Menu Manager
How to add 'age restricted' tag in Menu Manager:
- Log in to Hub
- Navigate to the Menus Manager tab
- Select your active menu(s) by clicking ‘Edit Menu’
- Select an item that is age restricted, scroll to the bottom of item
- You will see the following question: ‘Is this an age-restricted product, like alcohol or tobacco?’
- Select ‘Yes’ and Save
- Repeat for all age-restricted items